Supergeil1

Sabre2 107 or Faqtor 110

I bought a Paratec reserve once, the Speed 150. My rigger in the US refused to pack it since it was BUILT out of trim.

Most riggers I have talked to always inspect anything from Paratec twice since there is usually something not right about it. I hope this has changed, since I do find Stefan to be a very nice guy, but it will be a while before I buy Paratec again.

PD has a great reputation for very high quality, not to mention the amount of testing they can and do put into a product. I have heard only good things about the S2.

The Faqtor is advertised as a transition canopy to "The Swoop Pit" (what ever the hell that is) I am assuming they mean cross braced. If your skills are there, why not buy a Stilleto, or if you want the latest and greatest, try the Katana.

Just based on the manufacturer I would go the S2 route.

Blue Skies und viel Spass mit dein neuem Schirm!

Tweek

whips n' chains n' hand-grenades with a little ugly on the side.

Most riggers I have talked to always inspect anything from Paratec twice since there is usually something not right about it. I hope this has changed, since I do find Stefan to be a very nice guy, but it will be a while before I buy Paratec again.

Hmm... They are using a construction method called "True-Shape" now, don't really know what they mean by that, but it sounds fancy. I suppose it is some sort of cutting machine that insures that each canopy is excacly the same.

PD has a great reputation for very high quality, not to mention the amount of testing they can and do put into a product.

Same here! B|

I have heard only good things about the S2.

What about the opening, I've heard that sometimes does wierd things, or was that only on the first batch ??

The Faqtor is advertised as a transition canopy to "The Swoop Pit" (what ever the hell that is) I am assuming they mean cross braced.

The Faqtor is not cross braced as far as I know. It is supposed to have a much longer recovery arch than the S2, which is why I'm considering it...

If your skills are there, why not buy a Stilleto, or if you want the latest and greatest, try the Katana.

Hmm... I don't really know if I want to go elipical quite yet...
And I also want to use it with my wingsuit, so I guess what I'm really looking for is a S2 with a longer recovery arch ;)

Blue Skies und viel Spass mit dein neuem Schirm!

B| Hehe... not quite the correct language, but close enough... :P

//DJO

Have checked the review of the"Faqtor"in gear section of this site.
Reading between the lines i think the reviewer makes reference to PD's Sabre2 but my reasoning for this is simply the number of 'X's used as XXXXX2 could meen anything ATEOFD.ie.Safire2,Crossfire2...

BTW[take this for all it's worth]I only know one person who has demoed a Faqtor.
He was comparing it with the canopy he currently flies[same size 120 Stiletto]
He's stuck with the Stilletto.

Personally your best bet is simply to try and throughly demo both canopies and see what YOU think of them before you buy..
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

I bought a Paratec reserve once, the Speed 150. My rigger in the US refused to pack it since it was BUILT out of trim.

Most riggers I have talked to always inspect anything from Paratec twice since there is usually

Can't believe this.
In Europe, ParateC has an exteme good reputation.
The most riggers in germany say, there were very impressed by the workmanship and the quality of their products.
Also the Speed has a very good reputation.
My rigger told me, that the speed were the hardest tested reserve ever and it would fly like a good main canopy.
So I ordered a ParateC Next with Speed 170.
The Next container is extreme well built: If you compare a Javelin with a Next, the Next degrades the Javelin to trash - I-M-H-O.
From the technical and the optical point of view (imho).

ParateC's slogan is "better built, harder tested".
I think, I'ts true.
Maybe one reason, why the european freefly champions are fully equipped with ParateC equipmend...

Don't be a Lutz!