ParaShoot

Swooping & triple risers

Search this forum for posts made by SkyMonkeyONE and you'll find the answer.

The short of it, I believe, is that they're getting better results using rear risers and a transition to toggles at the end.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Exactly. There are pros and cons to both standard and trips, but the bottom line here nowadays is that rear riser swoops on standard risers and a smooth transition to toggles at the end is what give us the most distance. Before rear risering was commonplace, it was a toss-up on who would go farther between trips and standard risers. A look at the Swoop video by Pier Media will show you that plenty of people used to use trips. Today, I don't think I know a single person in the pro ranks who uses them. Times change and so do techniques.

Chuck

I don't recognize the face, so I can't say for sure. RedBull Wings and PST pro are two completely different things. Still, it's a stylish pic of a brother using his trips. Do you know who the guy is? If so, you can check his name on the PST member chart to see what his ranking and category are.

I maintained a set of very short trple risers on my Velocity 75 just for shits and grins, but ended up sweing them back down when I sent that canopy back and put a Sabre2 97 in that rig. It just got to be too odd going from rear risering standards to not rear risering with the trips.

The biggest drawback to trips in this "rear riser" era are that when you reach back to grab your rears, there is that extra leg that gets in the way. I missed one riser on more than one occasion due to them. Also, at the end of a rear riser swoop with trips, upon release there is a big "bump" and drop as the slack gets taken up.