JumpHog

Xaos-27

Seeing as the Xaos-27 isn't included in the gear review section, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this canopy. How are the openings, flight, glide, riser pressure, and landings? What are you loading them at. I have jumped an FX, VX, Xaos-21, and am currently jumping a Velocity at 2.1. I am ordering a demo Xaos-27, but would like to hear other people's opinions on this canopy before I get it.

Haven't had a chance to jump one yet but from most of the jumpers I have spoke with say the openings are not quite as good as the Xaos 21. I spoke with beezy and chris at Precision and its a hell of a flying machine better speed along with lift etc. The openings are fine but I think you may find the openings on the 21 are a little more smooth...B|

The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

Thoughts about mine.
---------------
>How are the openings,

Excellent. I prefer opening in a track. You may feel the shock of the slider as air catches it because it's a pretty big slider. I put about 40 jumps on a 75 21 cell Icarus a while back and the slider was so small it constricted how much you can spread out the harness when you pull the slider down.

>flight,

Very fun. It turns fast which is what I like. Much faster than a 21 cell. More stiletto-esque on turns.

>glide,

It's a tri-cell so in full flight it's ground hungry like the rest of the Tri-cells. It flattens out nicely in partial brakes. It seems to have a good glide angle.

>riser pressure, and landings?

I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised with this one. Much lighter Front riser pressure than the VX. It's much easier to control your Approach with this parachute.

The swoops are great. Good landings. You'll have no trouble coming from Velocity.

>What are you loading them at.

About 2.3 to 1 on a 78 (2.25 to 1 at 175lb exit weight)

carving a landing is very nice on this parachute. I'm very happy with the choice I made purchasing this parachute. Precision did a good job on this one.

Have fun.
-
-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Love my 78...have jumped a Velocity 79,84 and Icarus FX 83, 93, VX 79..and the XAOS has the best openings of all of those in my opinion..Front riser pressure is just right, turns are crisp, rear risers landings are awesome too...the canopy loves to plane out and glide forever...I definitely recommend it!!

I just bought a 98 and I am a fat boy(230lbs) I wouldn't have tried it but Chris from Precision, said they fly big. I jumped it for a weekend and bought it. Its that awesome! I was cutting through 20kts of wind like butter. Since then I have flown it in a no wind conditions and I love it. Even when I come straight in, it surfs. The front risers are a little manly to pull down but this is my first X-brace. The openings are great, and consistent too! So far no complaints.
Mish

Seeing as the Xaos-27 isn't included in the gear review section, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this canopy. How are the openings, flight, glide, riser pressure, and landings? What are you loading them at. I have jumped an FX, VX, Xaos-21, and am currently jumping a Velocity at 2.1. I am ordering a demo Xaos-27, but would like to hear other people's opinions on this canopy before I get it.

>How are the openings
Soft and more squirelly than Xaos-21... it wants to turn

>flight
Very easy to fly, very predictable. shorter recovery arc than FX, VX, Xaos-21

>glide
shallow glide... easy to get back from a long spot even when heavily loaded

>riser pressure
light front riser pressure, rear riser pressure is average

>landings
Landings are easy for straight-in approach with no riser input, or for high performance landings. Plenty of flare is available.

>What are you loading them at