rgoper

Wild Deployment

even if the velcro did hold the slider, there's absolutely no way the rings, etc... wouldn't pass through the grommets in the slider upon cut away procedures.

The rings can't pass though the slider. They are joined together at the bottom. Unless you take your slinks/links off they are'nt moving anywhere since they are part of the risers.

especially since my slider keeper is attached to my reserve flap and would fly off anyway upon deployment of reserve.

Is it above the tuck tabs on the reserve flap? If so don't count on it being able to just slide off. I learned that one on the hard way already on my Jav.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The rings can't pass though the slider. They are joined together at the bottom.

el-wrongo. my risers have mini-rings on them, and my slider is an oversized slider for the canopy anyway, and the brass grommets are huge in I.D. they will, and have passed through the grommets of the slider, i know, i assembled it and checked this myself.

Is it above the tuck tabs on the reserve flap?

yes

If so don't count on it being able to just slide off. I learned that one on the hard way already on my Jav.

test jumping coming soon with video to put this bs theory to rest once and for all. if i didn't think it was safe, i wouldn't fly it...period. if it does hold, i'm going to invent some velcro slinks, just think, easy to use, and stronger than a mofo.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

How can the webbing thats attached in a U shape pass through the slider? If its running through the grommets the risers will stay below the grommets. The ID if the grommets is either one of 2 sizes.

Such as if you cut away the only way to remove your slider is to take the lines off at the links, remove the slider then re attach the links. BASE jumpers do it this way all the time.

>if it does hold, i'm going to invent some velcro slinks, just think, easy to use, and stronger than a mofo.

Velco has very low peel resistance, but it has very high sheer resistance.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The rings can't pass though the slider. They are joined together at the bottom.

el-wrongo. my risers have mini-rings on them, and my slider is an oversized slider for the canopy anyway, and the brass grommets are huge in I.D. they will, and have passed through the grommets of the slider, i know, i assembled it and checked this myself.

Go Check again... Your risers will not leave your slider. You would need 4 individual Risers for that to occur. Pulling the slider down over the connector links is all you can do. When you release the three rings, the risers take the slider with it.

I'm still on the Limb:P
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

How can the webbing thats attached in a U shape pass through the slider? If its running through the grommets the risers will stay below the grommets. The ID if the grommets is either one of 2 sizes.

i stand corrected, i passed the rings through the grommets, not the entire web on one side. oops! :$ either way, test jumps with velcro testing coming. c ya in a month or so, gotta go to work in saudi to work for a while.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"