steve1

Accurracy tips?

I'm having trouble landing where I want to. A friend of mine is trying to get his pro-rating and has still not been able to get ten standups in the peas. He's been working at it for over a year. I'm wondering how anyone could do this. I think part of the problem is that almost noone at our DZ spends much time talking about or teaching accuracy techniques. Most everyone is trying to learn this on their own through experimentation. So far I've been doing a lot of S-turns to hold back my forward speed and then coming in for landing with the toggles fully up. I haven't tried sinking it in for a landing yet. I assume your landings would be a lot harder doing this under a 9-cell. I have a hornet loaded at a little more than 1:1 and a Falcon that is about 65 square ft. larger. I've only got a couple hundred jumps under a square and about 300 under a para-commander. I'd appreciate any accuracy tips you could give me at my stage of the game to practice. So far my accuracy abilities are really crappy. It would be nice if someone could come up with a video on this subject. I have "Fly like a Pro" but a lot more is needed to get me to fly like one. Thanks, Steve1