AiRpollUtiOn

WOHOOOOOWWWW

Instead, I ask if they have the skill to downsize. Can they:

flat turn and flare turn
land into the wind, in no wind, and crosswind
at least initiate their flare with rear risers (landing ideally)
land uphill and downhill
make a HP landing using front risers (turning and double front)

I do all that stuff you mentionned with my sabre 150, I initiated my flare on back risers, flared it out once like this, no problemo!
Front risering it in all the time (provided that the conditions are good and my set-up goes as planned)
Uphill and downhill! Come take a look at my DZ!!!
Landed with the wind a few times, cooooolll but I'm not such a good runner (short legs) so I prefer upwind!
flat turn and flare turn, I think everyone should be able to do this with their canopies, comes in very handy in less ideal landing conditions!

I have to work on swooping distance, I'm tempted to "put her down" too fast, and my body position doesn't look cool, but hey, this isn't a beauty contest!!!!!

Now for the cool part, I might be able to buy this Stiletto I tried out (negociations start tomorrow!) and I already have a buyer for my Sabre.

I won't ask what you guys think of this because I already know the answer, if you have to ask, then don't.
Well, if I can close the deal I will, because after 1 jump on the Stiletto I know what I'm missing in my Sabre, not only flight characteristics, but also taking my back into account.

Next season I'll probably downsize a bit more, and will be test jumping a whole bunch of other canopies before buying new gear, I guess that 'll take a few posts, so if you think this post was annoying, wait a year, you ain't seen nothin' yet:P

Question: After how many jumps do stiletto's need to be relined???
I'm not asking for exact numbers and realize that it's dependant on a lot of factors (wingload and care for the material...), I would just like to have an idea, so I can take this into account when talking about the price.
"Don't make me come down there" - God.

My site:http://www.skystudio.nl/video.html
Some of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomSkyStudio

After how many jumps do stiletto's need to be relined???

I load mine just under 1.3 (losing weight dammitt...must downsize)B| I can tell you that I have somewhere around 300 jumps on mine now and it is still plenty in trim. Snivels great and opens on heading most of the time. Had some weird anomoly and came close to cutting it away Monday but that had to be something I did??? So, the only answer I have for you is more than 300......;)

Clay,
Hey how sensitive is your stiletto to harness steering (or attempts anyway)? Before I bought mine I was told that it would be very much so, but I've found quite the opposite. While I am able to initiate a bit of a slow turn, it's nowhere near what I'd been told by other pilots... Is this because of the loading and wing size??? Just curious. I load mine at 1.4... Also I was warned about the short control range. However, I literally have to hold the toggles just in between chest and waist level for a good 3 solid seconds before i can stall it...

"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

I don't find mine all that sensitive to harness steering. It is fairly sensitive during the opening sequence and the Stilletto is very sensitive to body position. If you aren't nice and square it will open fast. That happened to a friend of mine last weekend that wanted to jump it. He is used to jumping a Spectre and apparently my canopy whacked him. Once it's open I can do slow turns when it isn't all that windy. Mine is a 170 so it's still a pretty big canopy. Ahhhh...the control range. When I first got the canopy the brakes were TERRIBLY short!!! The control range was very small. I ran the toggles all the way out to the end of the lines and now I have plenty of room. I bring it out of the corner about ear or shoulder level. Then finish the flare all the way down. The extra length made it fly much more smoothly as well. When they were short it felt "twitchy" when making toggle turns. Now it's nice and smooth.

@ a 1.66 load on a stiletto 150, mine is extremely sensitive to harness input. as in, one leg hiked up all the way, femur on chest, with the other leg fully extended, toes pointing downward. On a frnt riser approached 180, I'll release the riser 90 degrees through the turn and use the harness to bring me around for the remaining 90 plus steer out of the turn/dive using opposite harness, no toggle or rr's.

i think effectiveness of leg positioning is probably a major factor here. have an accomplished swooper check your leg position....and really crankem next time.

I'll try exaggerating the leg position tomorrow while I'm out... After thinking about it, I was only lifting my knee just past my waist line and not really pushing the issue so it may respond a bit more if I utilize both legs and get a good stretch...

"pull high! It's lower than you think..."