ChrisDykstra

Sabre Openings

hey all, i have a sabre 190 and i just want to hear peoples thoughts as to why the canopy constantly snivels on opening. it's not that i am too concerned at this stage but it does seem to take a while to fully inflate when compared to other peoples canopy.....
no doubt this is a packing issue....anyone have any thoughts or similar issues?

Whatever the reason you need to appreciate it. I jumped a Sabre for awhile and was spanked all the time. Then I got a Spectre and I love it, love it, love it, love it.
Into the brave new world, I hope I see you on the other side of this strange new world. - Richard Ashcroft

As other have said, don't compain, Sabre's are known for opening quickly, too quickly sometimes.
How is it being packed? Is there a pocket on the slider? Is it in trim? There are a few things you can do to speed the opening on this canopy if you're uncomfortable with it.
-
Jim

I jump a Sabre as well, and I would sit on my hands and knees and praise the lord if it would snivel!!!
Maybe your slider has been adjusted.
Actually it's kinda funny to see your legs in front of your nose on opening (okay, so I didn't slow down enough after tracking away from the formation...)
Will jump for beer, bs AiRpollUtiOn

thanks for the support guys!
i have heard about Sabres openening really hard and this is what i dont understand. I haven't had a hard opening yet and don't want one either. i am comfortable with the sniveling and just wanted to see what your thoughts were....i love this machine of mine!
i would rather that it takes a bit of time rather than just snap open as i understand that this can do damage to many things....ouch.
thanks again for your thoughts.
blue skies
chris