Kirils

evolution canopy

Dan Poynter's "Parachute Manual Volume II" should have a description of the Evolution. I have one at work, and will look the details up and post them here on Monday unless somebody beats me to it.
I remember it as a 21-cell canopy on forked risers (three forks per side) and a funky reefing system.
A good contact at Para-Flite is Joe Andrzejewski, the marketing VP: [email protected] He is a great guy and will get your questions answered.
Another more immediate source is to PM SkyMonkeyONE. Chuck would probably be familiar with the Evolution as well.
Respectfully,
SP

Yes, the Para-Flite's Evolution was a funky, 21-cell canopy made of F-111 fabric. They had some problems with the reefing line jamming, so make sure you have the second pattern of d-bag and reefing line.
Also, since Evolutions are made of F-111 fabric, do not plan on loading them much more than 1 pound per square foot.

Thanks!
The Evolution is really a great performer. It looks awesome in flight! I really wish they would have made it in ZP. The D bag is really a strange config, I plan on upgrading it to a more conventional deployment system.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

From "The Parachute Manual, Volume II:"
A ram-air canopy with a lower surface lip, upper surface pressure relief vents, droop tips instead of stabilizers, available in four sizes: 140, 160, 200, and 240 sq ft. Actual measurements are slightly less; it is difficult to measure a shaped canopy. Th Evolution has "three-legged" risers and the Spectra suspension lines attach to every rib instead of every-other-rib. A long Spectra reefing line extends from the slider through the canopy to the pilot chute.
In late 1990, the deployment bag was moved. Apparently the pilot-chute controlled slider was not descending completely, usually because the pilot chute bridle and deployment bag were interfering with wach other. This resulted in a shorter control stroke or control problems. The deployment bag was moved where it cannot interfere with the bridle. Requires pilot chute 32"-34" in diameter.
Super Evolution: The Evolution was changed in early 1991 to include zero permeability fabric on the top skin (only) and deletion of the pilot-chute slider reefing system.
Respectfully,
SP

Thank you. It appears I have the Super version. I am amazed
how "thin" the profile of the wing is. The reefing system is a bit crude, but the wing design is really high tech! I wish someone would update this design and market it. This canopy is incredible!
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...