mgaillar

Cypress 8-year Check

I am considering purchasing a used rig. The Cypress is DOM 4/94 which would require the 4-year check on 4/98. The rig was out of service from 1997 to 2000. The Cypress had it's 4-year in 2000 (six years from DOM). My question.....is the 8-year still due in 4/2002, even though the last check was two years ago?
Thanks in advance!
Matt
http://www.skydiveorange.com

Well, for starters...ha ha ha ha!! i laugh because i went through the EXACT same situation!! Sucks ass, but wouldn't you rather have it right? Mine ended up costing me $380 for the 2 missed inspections and new batteries, of course. I don't know about you, but i think i'm worth the money!

Make sure you aren't paying too much for the rig. Considering the Cypres is 8 years old it has exactly 4 years of life left in it. List price for a cypress is $1200 so subtract $100 for every year. The cypres is worth $400 and if it needs the 8-year check it is not unreasonable to factor that cost in to the value, as well.

Considering the Cypres is 8 years old it has exactly 4 years of life left in it. List price for a cypress is $1200 so subtract $100 for every year. The cypres is worth $400 and if it needs the 8-year check it is not unreasonable to factor that cost in to the value, as well.

Here is a link that will help you determine the real value of a used Cypres. Regardless of the current list price, there are quite a few dealers selling new ones for around $850.
http://www.poxon.org/Craig/Skydive/Tools/CypresValuer.asp
alan