Kelly

closing a voodoo

my new voodoo just got here and its all ready. but i was wondering about closing the container. The flaps are numbered, so i know that im closing it correctly. Top, bottom, right, left. It seems like it could be properly closed with the left and right flaps touching, instead of on top on each other. Is this correct? it also looks right when I close the container with the right flap on top of the left flap. A friend pointed this out to me, and the only reason he noticed it was because his container is properly closed with the L&R flaps seated next to each other, unlike Jav's for instance, that close with each flap on top of another one.
so which one is it? ive gotten riggers opinons, but i'd like to find out the actual answer that RI provides.
thanks
http://www.geocities.com/flynfroggie/skydiving_friends.html

I don't quite get your point about side flaps touching instead of overlapping.
When I asked a VooDoo owner who lives down the hall, he also looked confused.
Sounds like you are using a ridiculously long closing loop, which can present all sorts of exciting and scary problems, like pre-mature openings at a variety of altitudes.
When I worked at Rigging Innovations, we used to say that visible grommets were a sign of over-stuffing and/or a loop that was way too long.

everybody is around the dz. PJ was the one who pointed it out to me.
you see, the rig looks right either way. It possibly could be designed to have the flaps laying next to eachother or it could be designed to have them lay on top of eachother. Do it to a jav or to a mirage, you'll see that something doesnt quite look right on them.. but it does on this one.
i figured monkey claw could answer this question, but i wanted to know tonight.
It's still a tight close either way. The pin is still firmly in place. I know because we used the original lenth one first, then we shortened it.
ill call RI this weekend.
thanks anyway guys.
kel
http://www.geocities.com/flynfroggie/skydiving_friends.html