mdrejhon

Missing Threads (Threads in dropzone.com notification, no longer working)

Hi,

A few threads that I have posted in the past, are gone (3 threads, to be exact) --

Does anyone know what happened to the Canada Formation Record thread (the one about the Gananoque camp before the Canada bigway), as well as the Event thread on Rainbow Boogie from a few months ago? Also, an older third thread about Rainbow Boogie 2006 is gone too as well.

I am trying to dig up historical posts, and I found subscribed notification emails that has the links, but when I click on the thread, the page is missing.

Did I do something wrong (and nobody told me)? Or has other people 'ruined' the threads while I was away, and they got deleted by a mod (and I hadn't noticed till now)? Or are threads automatically archived/renamed, to the point where links in my dropzone.com subscription new-post notification emails no longer work after a few months?

(Note: This does not include the extra thread that I intentionally asked Skymama to close. (Thanks for the help in correcting my error at the very beginning!) That has, too, been deleted as well -- that would be the fourth missing thread, but it is natural to assume that closed threads are automatically pruned. However, the other three threads weren't closed to my knowledge)

Just pondering the mystery...

I don't think your posts were removed. I suspect you are just not finding them because they are not in the search index.

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2287118#2287118

I have not had time to fix this yet - will try to look into it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Aha, thanks!

I was away from the forums for a bit at times and I just wondered if some dropzone.com members were "ruining" the threads (bashing) and the threads got removed by a moderator while I was not around.

Glad to hear it's likely just a pesky technical issue.