op5e

Fatality report numbers

Hi,

Every day I try to check the forums and the fatality report to see if there is anything new I can learn. I have recently noticed that it reports "63 Fatalities Reported". However if you look at the "2004" numbers its states 57. I believe it is because a mismatch with numbers. As "malfunctions" states 16 on the front page and 14 if you click on the link. Perhaps this occurs when an incident is moved from one category to another? Sorry for being so petty. I just see a big difference between 63 and 57. Mind you I see a big difference between 57 and 58.

I also would like to inquire about when incidents are placed on this list. As I have seen reports (in the forum) about an incident occuring in December.

http://www.dropzone.com/fatalities/index.shtml

I believe the "reported number" is including incidents that were submitted but not yet entered into the database. I know for a fact there was a report submitted for the December fatality but yet its not in the Database yet. All reports have to go through an approval process to make sure junk reports are not automatically just posted.

The DB is growing and changing. Give it some time (and let Sangiro get back to SA) and I'm sure this will be fixed :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I do not really mind either way. I just wanted to give a heads up. I figured it could also be approved and not approved included in the final tally, but figured this is kinda a bug in itself. If this is the case then it would be a pretty simple change, depending on how the db was setup.

Thanks again for adding such a useful item.