pchapman

Inline photos not allowed in Incidents? - but Preview shows them

I could have missed something, but it seems that inline photos don't work in the Incidents forum. I guess that avoids spammy joke photos and using up extra screen space. (Can't recall if certain other forums restrict inline photos.)

While I might not agree with that policy, be that as it may. What is annoying is that Inline photos do work during the Preview when crafting a post to the Incidents forum.

It is bothersome to craft a post with inline photos, and then when it is Posted, find that one has to rewrite it to more clearly refer to the attached photos and not ones Inline.

So I'd ask for a reconsideration of the policy, or the code for the Preview, or at least a warning during a Preview for Incidents, that Inline photos won't actually show up despite the Preview showing them.

Hey,

You're correct, the inline images are only enabled in a select few forums and incidents is an area where the potential for abuse outweighs the positives that it could present. It's very rare that images are posted in the incidents forum altogether.

I will look into showing a warning or something though for the post-preview/post message editor stage.

I have gone ahead and added a text alert under the attachments area on posts, to display when a forum section doesn't allow inline image attachments.

I'll address your question in your other thread dthames, but in short - inline image attachment isn't supported in private messages.

Meso

I have gone ahead and added a text alert under the attachments area on posts, to display when a forum section doesn't allow inline image attachments.

I'll address your question in your other thread dthames, but in short - inline image attachment isn't supported in private messages.

Thanks. I guess I was mistaken...thinking that if they worked in Preview that it was or should be working on the posted message.

Thanks for all of the hard work on the site.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”