peek

outlines for classified ads

Someone posted this in the Announcements forum, so I thought I would repeat it here:

"Is there some way you can post an outline for classified sales? I am amazed at all the people who want to sell a jumpsuit, for example, and yet do not mention SIZE, colors, or anything pertinent about the item."

I will add to that request:

Please make an outline for the Aircraft section of the classifieds too. I find it hard to believe how little info is given sometimes. Some people do not even include whether it is a jump plane.

I see this kind of thing all over, in E-bay, Craig's List and other online sales sites. Some people are just idiots and don't know how to properly describe their items. And then they probably wonder why it doesn't sell... I just resign myself to skipping over those ads, with the philosophy that they don't deserve to sell, because they haven't listed it properly. Unless you want to spend the time to send e-mails to all the idiots asking for particulars.

We can take a look at what we can do here.

Unfortunately those individuals who don't bother to specify information on their ads are unlikely to go into detail even when guidelines are implemented.

But I'll look at perhaps adding it to the current listing guidelines.