bqmassey

Couple of "Classifieds" Suggestions

The classifieds section is really quite good. The rules in place are appropriate, and there seems to be a good amount of oversight that keeps it free of spam and other worthless crap.

There are a couple of things that I think would make it even better.

1. A filter to hide wanted/for-sale posts. I'm shopping for a canopy. It'd be great to turn off all of the "wanted" posts. Similarly, I'm sure someone selling something has no interest in seeing the for-sale posts.

2. On the new ads page, it'd be helpful if the ads were sorted by when they were added. It'd be nice to just look at the top of the list, instead of having to browse through all of the pages to see something that might be new.

It looks like currently the classifieds pages rely on the GET form method. It'd be great if any additional options continued to use this (instead of POST), as it allows you to bookmark your search.

Just some ideas :)

Thanks for your feedback and your suggestions.

We're currently looking at the list of suggestions we have and are looking at ways in the near future to really make the most out of the functionality.

We currently have the ability to sort as one of the implementations we hope to add soon.

I`ll be adding your other suggestion to the list.