aztechalo

Weight vests

Does anyone know where I can find a good weight vest? I'm a small woman and I must have weights that sit up off my lower back. I would really like a vest that has the weights in the back of the vest but I can't find someone who makes them (but I have heard of them). If you know of a manufacturer or just a skydiving seamstress who makes vests let me know.
AZ

I know that they make them too, but I am not sure where to get them as I am not a woman. But I did get weight pockets sewn into my rig...which is nice. Typically you can put them in the top or bottom of the rig...wherever you are going to need the extra fallrate. Another great thing is that you dont have to fool around with a vest...putting it on or taking it off all the time. Its a bit more comfortable. It cost me 80 bucks to get them installed, which is typically cheaper or comparable in price to a weight vest. Just a thought.
-Slut
"I'll jump anything!"

SKYDIVING Magazine published my article on weight vests just recently: February or March 2001.
Weight vests for women are made by Bev Suits and a few others.
Assuming that you have small shoulders, wearing weights high on your back is probably the best bet. Womens' vests tend to have about three pounds of lead shot quilted into the shoulder yoke area with pockets lower down for extra weight bags.
The other respondent was correct in saying that you will find weights in the container more comfortable in the long run, but dial in your weight requirements with vests first, before you spend the big bucks on custom container weight pockets.