Zennie

How About A Killfile?

I'm normally pretty tolerant of "noise", but the posts from clintonradloff are really starting to become annoying, and, to honest, kinda creepy.
Now he's sending previously dead threads to the top and re-posting questions that people have clearly and exhaustively provided answers to. It's like he's not listening at all.
This made me wish for something similar in the Usenet/Email world... a killfile. I don't know if that capability exists in the forums but it would be nice to just killfile users that we don't really want to hear from.
This would be kinda tricky, because rules would have to be in place to handle thread promotion when ignoring a user, but I think most folks would appreciate it.
Keep up the good work Bossman!
"Wear the grudge like a crown. Desperate to control. Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper."

Yeah, I agree.
I don't read every thread in every forum and it would be nice if I could hide or kill threads that I'm not interested in.
There is a downside, though. Since this is a web-based forum, all threads and user information resides on the server. If we were all to have personal killfiles, all those killfiles will have to be on the server, too. It would be nice if the HH agrees to that, but I can understand if he won't.
As we're on the topic anyway, I'd really prefer a scorefile rather than a killfile.
Just my 2 cents.
Alphons
http://www.liacs.nl/~avwerven