Pinky2

Tandem Business

Hi there folks,

First of all, I'd like to express my deep admiration for Tandem Instructors, you guys and few women do a really good job up there. it must be highly fulfilling to take whufos into freefall and see them smile (hopefully :-)

I find it though, very sad that Tandem has become business with a huge amount of rush. Get up, come down, take the next one.

I'd appreciate your opinions on that matter and would be happy if you could answer the following questions as well:

I am only enrolling for AFF next summer, yet I am curious. Can anyone who fulfills the formal requirements become a TI or is there a lot more to it than meets the eye? How was your first Tandem during the training? Was it completely different to solo diving?

Cheers for answers

Blue Skies

Pinky2

While it's nice to be curious about these things, as pointed out by the above post; it takes 3 years and 500 jumps to get your tandem rating. All of the questions you've asked will be answered on your journey to meeting those requirements anyways.:)
There's no need to rush things! Just relax and have fun;)

The journey itself IS the destination:)
Blue skies

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts