low_pull1

Nearest Airport: Paraclete XP?

Fayetteville Regional is only about 35-45 minutes away, but flights in and out are limited and more expensive, generally, than flying into Raleigh-Durham, which is about an hour and 45 minutes away.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

With a private pilot's license, you can land and park at Raeford.

Family and I have done it a couple times to jump down there and where the only non-DZ airplane. Pretty nice alternative to the regular 182.

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Hello Chuck,

Actually I didn't, I was just offering that it was a possibility.

I have done it several times myself, though not for the tunnel. Its nice to be able to avoid the 2 hr car ride with a 25 minute flight.

I hope it works out for you.

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

PK Airpark is designated as 5W4. It's the privately owned airport that Raeford Parachute Center operates off off. You can get Jet A and 100LL there too. It's five miles from the wind tunnel. Unicom for there used to be 123.50 for local traffic. Gene Paul generally does not charge a ramp fee for visiting skydivers. Contact the field at (910) 875-3261 if you want more info.

Unlike what Kevin said, I know from plenty of personal experience that you can fly into Fayetteville for around the same price as Raleigh. Just know that you are generally going to connect out of Charlotte.

Chuck