davjohns

First Tunnel Experience

I am going to the Orlando area to hang glide this week. I wanted to hit the Orlando tunnel while I am there.

I have done groundschool and am an Army parachutist, but the wind has prevented me doing my first true dive.

I am looking for suggestions for using the tunnel to make my dives more successful. I have sent this same request to Mr. Bowen. He is listed in the sticky as being the manager of the Orlando tunnel.

Basically, I am thinking of purchasing a ten minute block and working it in one to two minute increments over a couple of hours. I have been told that trying to get several minutes at once will make me sore the next day.

If it helps your response, I am 40, but in excellent shape from weight lifting, aerobic activity and martial arts.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I think you are making a good decision by going to the tunnel. If you purchase a 10 minute block, you must use all 10 minutes in a single 30 minute block. Within the 30 minute block, you will fly in 2 minute increments. This should not be a problem at all.

I'd suggest either a 10 or 15 minute block. Flying for 15 minutes out of a half hour should not be a problem either. I would highly suggest getting coaching as well. Either call the tunnel, tell them what you are looking to do and get a coaching package or use an outside coach. You will get a lot more out of your tunnel time with a coach since you will get a pre-brief, focused attention while in the tunnel, and a video debrief.

Feel free to PM me if you want.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com