AggieDave

Any word on TX tunnels?

There's been rumors, statements, attempts, possibly some covert operations by the CIA, but not tunnels have been built yet in TX. What's the deal? When are one of the 3 tunnels rumored going to be built if ever? Whats the latest word?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'd like to see one built in Atlanta... It would definitely be kept busy...

So would one in Houston... tunnels are SO fun!

And as long as one gets built in TX, it probly outta be bigger and better than any of the others out there. You know, to keep with the tradition of all things Texas... ;)B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Ok, a couple of well deserved "cute" replies, where are the "real" answeres? Where are our supposed tunnels that would have been done by now? Where are our L-1s and Skyventures? Hell, at one point there was talk of two Skyventures in TX, one in Arlington and one in H-town, plus the much hyped talk of another type of tunnel in or near a mall in Houston.

Where are they, what became of the hype and when can we start flying in a TX tunnel again?

The L1 in Houston (Adren-L-N 2) is on hold right now while some internal company "stuff" gets worked out.:S

I thought the other tunnels got scratched some time ago, but I don't know for sure.

There is so much talk about tunnels in TX.. they want one in Dallas, Austin, San Marcos, 2 in Houston, 1 near Corpus, etc... but I don't think even Texas is 'big' enough to host that many VWTs (wouldn't that be fun though!!)

for a couple hundred grand you can buy the origninal Adren-L-N, outfit it with a new motor and your off and flying!:D

for a couple hundred grand you can buy the origninal Adren-L-N, outfit it with a new motor and your off and flying

I'm a big ol' boy and always had to work my butt off to fly in that tunnel even though it was fun. It worked well for some students from my DZ to fix body position problems, though...too bad it broke.

I didn't know the other tunnels had been "scratched," infact according to this: http://www.zerogroom.com/Details.htm the Houston Skyventure is still planned. Of course they're saying it'll be open in the spring and ground hasn't even been broken yet, so I'm not holding my breath.

I think it would be great to have a tunnel mixed up with NASA! The amount of visitors is great and so many people could try bodyflight that way!

Since most of the under construction skyventures have received or are receiveing their final parts... perhaps ZeroG will be next! :)
The old adren-l-n portable only had a few hundred horsepower... you could easily increase that. When I last flew the Dynasoar (1150 or 1200 hp can't remember) we were maxin' out at 150mph! Not bad for a portable prop jobbie!!! It can be done!

I've done the drive from your town to here, in Colorado. It's really not that far. I guess you and Morgan can come out this way and enjoy our tunnel:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey