jimbellew

how do you stop turning when split-flying?

Does anybody know how to stop turning whilst in a split-fly? I dont know what this position is really called but I'm pretty much in a sit-fly position but with my left leg out straight infront and my right leg straight out behind me. The problem is that I start to spin anti-clockwise.
The instructors over here at genting skyventure said that I should use my arms to stop the spin but I'm not sure what exactly I should do with them...

I'm working on this now. You need to use your hands a little but with too much pressure on the arms you will shoot up. I use my left foot but it is extremely hard to do center point turns. I've gotten really good at going right but left is a fight. Practice flying all over the tunnel like that, I have found that it really helps me. Go up high, then drop fast, while turning and being on heading.

I'm no coach but have a good amount of time doin it in Orlando. This is just what I have found to work for me. Just feel it all out then try on working the turn left. I've done it a few times but its tough.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

If youre talking about the splits with the aft leg straight and pointed back, I find putting the arm on the same side as the aft led towards the back, and the other arm towards the front helps. Thenit's a matter of keeping the back slide out of it.

If you're talking about having the aft leg folded back under you a bit, then arms slightly back and out to the sides, tow pointed up and silghtly turned in the opposite direction you wish to turn (or the direction you find your self unintentionaly spinning.)

Post a picture/video. I'll see what I can come up with....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.