Paulipod

Bodyflight Bedford Progress

Just wanted to update you with our progress, as the last week has seen some key milestones with our tunnel development.

We have been onsite all week with our engineering teams and potential supply contractors, and have now placed our motor order. This means the two key items (The propeller hub + motor) are now in manufacture. As these are the lead time items which really dictate our opening date… we have strived to ensure this work starts ASAP!

Our full work team should be onsite after Christmas, when you will be able to see up to date photos / details of our development project.

Given our current timeframe we should be on track to start our first flight testing phase in June…. With preview bookings following testing.

After Christmas our offices will be in operation with marketing and admin staff etc, with recruiting starting for our flight instructors around March.

At 5m diameter (16.23ft!) , 8m flying height and 4000HP we are setting a new standard globally for skydiver training.

Feel free to drop myself of the team a call should you have any questions or want to discuss the project.

Kind regards

Paul

Bodyflight Limited : Tel. 0845 200 2960

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Thats great News, for the people that i have flown in our tunnel(that are from England),we have been telling them all about your site and are looking forward to your opening Day, we wish you all the best in what looks like is going to be an amazing tunnel, and you never know ,one day I may get over there and try it out,
Freefall Xtreme Bodyflying Rotorua ,New Zealand

Hope it's not just a load of hot air.uk

I can assure you its not.

In the past, there has been alot of talk / ambition in the UK to open a facility... and its hard to see I suppose until a facility opens whether or not its for real!....

But, as I have mentioned before :-

We have ordered our motor (ie we have to pay for it!)
We have ordered our propeller (same! - both of these items are being manufactured)
We have agreed a lease on the site! - We really are planning to use it! or I'll have the largest tin can in the world if not.... :P

We will be attending the BPA AGM - so hopefully will get the chance to talk face-to-face and show people we are not kidding :)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Hi all,

Just thought another brief update was due...

Our works on site are progressing well, we are moving at a cracking pace and are currently ahead of schedule you never know we could be announcing a pre-August opening date! But we will keep you abreast of that as the time gets closer.

We have also agreed our lease on the accomodation block and work starts there next week too.

The removal of the old motor/prop etc is starting shortly and our first electical contractors started on-site last week.

Our onsite offices are now complete so we have a base of operation at the tunnel - with phones / PCs etc and staff now onsite during normal office hours.

I had a great time at the AGM, and look forward to meeting alot more of you in the coming months! We will be arranging a dropzone tour starting around April time.

:)
Paul

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Yeah, sorry - I keep promising more pics and dont seem to deliver! lol :$

Its kinda hard to provide interesting pics (as the new motor etc are not being put in for a few weeks!) but I'll get some onto the website this weekend.

The removal of old metal / motor etc has started so I have a couple of nice blow-torch weilding photos!

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

and are currently ahead of schedule you never know we could be announcing a pre-August opening date!

Skydive Arizona is building the biggest commercial tunnel to date and they are building it from the ground up, so how are you confident in building your tunnel in a smaller time frame than them?

I am not trying to be contentious - just interested.

Liz

A few reasons really....

Our tunnel is not a new build - it is there already and was formerly used for testing aeronautics - we are replaing all the drive equipment (takes 6 months to make that stuff) which was started in December.

We have dates for the motor prop etc to be delivered and are onsite now renovating offices / facilities

Hence we dont take quite so long.... :)
Also - Its not really a true claim that Arizona is the biggest / most powerful ;) as I said our tunnel is there already! and with our 4000HP drive unit we have quite a beast B|

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk