Skydive2

Go-Pro on a Simon (skydiving services) hand-cam ?

Of course with FaceBook and smart phones, everyone wants pics, almost more than video it seems. Myself and most of my co-works have Simon gloves, with CX100's-150's. I hate to get rid of these perfectly good gloves/camera to upgrade to the duel go-pro. Is anyone mounting a go-pro on top of these gloves for stills? I was thinking a soft casing for the camera, and some industrial Velcro. Any ideas/experience with this?

The good thing about GoPro stills is that the camera doesn't need a really stable mount (not the case for GoPro video). As long as you have some good light outside, it'll generally take great pics even if the camera's getting bumped around a bit. You could probably throw a soft mount together and stitch it onto your glove with some supertack. I'd rather have it permanently mounted instead of velcroed in place. The difficult part with soft housings for GoPros is making the lens cover fit well and having all controls + ports accessible

I have a GoPro on a Simon Wade cx100 glove. It works great. I have the gopro (the original hard housing that comes with the gopro) mounted on the side (outside) this works really great. i used standard gopro mounts/ angles...

It is completely out of the way (no worries reaching handles) and the best: it gives me more reach...meaning "my arm gets longer" as the camera is on the outside so I can get the entire tandem in frame.

I'll post a pic one of these days.