Zymurdoo

SIM Section 2-1, E, 6 Students training for group freefall [S]

6. Students training for group freefall (S)

a. Student freefall training for group freefall jumps must be conducted by either:

1. Student freefall training for group freefall jumps must be conducted by either A USPA Coach under the supervision of a USPA Instructor or;

2. USPA D license holders provided there is a minimum ratio of one D license holder to one student with a maximum of a 4-way.

After a short search on this topic, I have been unable to locate a solid answer.

The above section is frequently referred to in discussions regarding students who have completed their initial AFF or SL/IAD program but have not completed their A license requirements. Some have referred to it a "cleared for solo status", etc.

My question is if it is ok for skydivers at this point can participate in RW with D licensed skydivers, can the D licensed skydiver sign off the jump on their proficiency card?

Before the beat down from Coaches commences B|, I do eventually plan on getting a coach rating as required to continue on to additional instructional ratings.

In the meantime, I would like to give back to the new jumpers on my DZ. (Just like when I was a new jumper and very experienced jumpers mentored me, before this rating existed).
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

No. Even a rated coach cannot initial the proficiency card. What you can do is help the student log very clearly what was done on the jump and sign the logbook. Then, walk them over to an instructor with logbook and card. If you have a reputation for being a good and honest jumper, it is pretty likely that the instructor will initial the card.

For more details see the most recent edition of the USPA Professional on the USPA website. I would send you a link to it but I'm having Internet problems today.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

If you have a reputation for being a good and honest jumper...

Honest? Sure. Good? Well that one is up for debate.B|
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

From the USPA Professional email that I believe hes refering to.

Please Double Check Your Paperwork
USPA staff has to call and e-mail individuals daily to inform them that their applications have a problem and cannot be processed. Here are some questions to ask yourself to help ensure smooth and timely delivery:

Licenses:
Are you submitting the most current form? (Current forms are available here.)
Is the skill table complete? (Each block pertaining to the license sought and any prior license not already held must be initialed.)
Is the proper person signing the skill tables?
The four-page A-License Progression Cards may be signed by a current USPA Coach (limited to just a few items), Instructor, Examiner, S&TA or board member.
The two-page A-License Proficiency Cards may be signed by a current USPA Instructor or higher.
B- and C-License Applications may be signed by a current USPA Instructor or higher.
D-License Applications may be signed by a current USPA Instructor or higher for the skills portion; the verification box requires the signature of a current Examiner, S&TA or board member.

Coaches can't sign the 2 page card, but there are (I believe 2 places) on the 4-page card.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Actually, there are 4 places coaches can sign. Exit and Freefall lines for Cat E-H.

Just checked, you're correct... I've never seen anyone using the 4 page card. Thanks!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message