AirPilot

Which is easier to obtain USPA or CSPA class A?

You are telling me you have 40 jumps and log book entries to match and a DZ is not willing to "see what you got". I know a lot of DZs that don't accept students in AFF to a single instructor dive at their DZ from other DZs, but you are past that part.

As an instructor, if you came in with 40 jumps (in the last year) and said, "I need my "A", and I never met you, I would do about 20 minutes of question asking to make sure you knew the ground parts of that yellow card, then we would go on a jump you would organize from scratch. If you could protect both of our airspace at pull time (track away effectively on time) and prove you had a basic comfort level with flying both your canopy and body - I would sign off your card and give you an A. Heck, I would encourage you to do an accurate landing for the next 10 jumps to meet the B licence requirements. You can forge a yellow card or logbook, but you can't forge the flying skills when I am watching.;)

Whichever DZ is giving you crap about previous jumps - find a new one or talk to management/head instructor... (Unless of course your life-safety skills are crap and after jumping with you they said you had some workons to accomplish - as if I had the same issue with you I would clearly tell you what you/we should work on for a few jumps until you were ready.)

Thanks for your help and wisdom. My jumps are all in control, I have performed all maneuvers, and accurate landings usually within 30' of target center. I would love to come to you and finish my class A and B with you, but Colorado is kind of far from me. I guess I can check out the price of an airline ticket, because I only get problems from local area DZs. I started in Pennsylvania, but felt I was being held back so I tried a few other DZs but they would not recognize my log book endorsements of completed work signed by a licensed USPA instructor. You are correct in saying it is wrong for these DZs not to accept a licensed instructors endorsements, but it is a real problem at some DZs.
Thanks, John