JUDYJ

I love my Job~~

That's what Jay Stokes kept saying ...over and over during the recently completed coach course at Perris, CA.

And now that I have passed said course.. I am saying the same thing.:)
I took the course so that I can give sound advice to those who ask. What I got out of 3 days of learning and listening was that I can fly... and I can help direct others on their path in skydiving.

I am working towards the AFFIAC in November at Perris as well. I was very nervous about whether I had what it takes to teach. After being with Jay, it's not about my anxiety but about learning.

I am still a bit nervous; figure I will be for awhile until I do this more. I couldn't sleep last night with so many thoughts tossing and turning me. I could envision the differect scenarios of being with students in the air. And the little voice inside was delightfully screaming, "You're a coach!"

Any suggestions about being ready for the AFFIAC are welcome!!
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

As for the AFFIRC, be prepared. Do as many practice jumps with an evaluator as you can so you're ready when "Yoda" comes back. Knowone ever fails his course due to ground preps so focus on your air skills. I took the course with him back in 04 and aced the course due to being prepared. I did a lot of practice jumps prior to his arrival so I was able to pass in 3 eval jumps.
"The AFFIRC is so easy I can't believe everyone doesn't have the rating".

"The AFFIRC (change to COACH) is so easy I can't believe everyone doesn't have the rating".

Yes I heard this alot as well..

I am going to do 150 jumps between now and Nov..focusing on this one thing...

IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

Hay, what does AFFIRC/ AFF/ACI stand for?
AFF advanced Instructor course?

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Congratulations, PRO. Yea, I still can't get the grin off my face either. It was nice being in the class with you, Charley, and Elsa. Also, wanted to say thanks for the help and encouragement.

In the almost six years of this sport, I've met some really great people. But never have I met a more professional, knowledgeable, giving, and talented person than Jay Stokes.

Blue skys

Mike Barnard (AKA Coach:)