bluskidave

Chest Strap/Female

I've known a few TM's that thought that was cool. If that's the only way you can get it, that's sad.[:/]

One of them used to work for me...

[:/]

I'll never forget the occasion where he grabbed a young & cute female passengers hand to walk of with her towards the plane and another TM (who had a HUGE and not-so-cute male passenger) looked 'puzzled' for just one second, then grabbed his male passengers hand and followed them, saying:"Ah, so this is how it is done!".
The whole DZ started to laugh AND we had it on video! :)
Unfortunately, conceitedness is a close relative to stupidity so this learning opportunity was wasted on him... [:\]

That second TM of course still works for me...
:P

Besides, being a gentleman can pay off :)

Hush, hush, hush!!! (Now look what you are doing!)

Can we all agree that some parts of the 'advanced knowledge for (tandem)instructors & life in general' are strictly on a need-to-know-basis and therefore have no place in a public forum? ;)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Ah video, Former DZO pointed out to tandem master that he didn't like him to "embrace' his female student chest's area on opening.His response, "just trying to keep them close".There have been several good tips which i was unawares' of and I know that there are TM's that lurk this site and never reply but your first hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Soft Landings, Dave

Once I have my female students geared up, I explain to them about how once the parachute opens the harness may become uncomfortable, and the chest strap may need to be adjusted to make them more comfortable. I will stand behind them and explain exactly what I am going to do to adjust the chest strap, and then I will do it once so they know exactly what to expect from me. Once under canopy, I always let them know that I am going to adjust their chest strap. Once done, I ask them if it is more comfortable for them, and so far have always gotten the same answer "yes". I guess for me, I figure that if the student knows that I am doing it on the ground in front of other people, they will be more apt to undestand that I am not trying to cross any lines and cop a cheap feel, and that it is strictly for their comfort. I have never had any problems with female students, and I hope that it contintues that way. And thank you ladies for your input on this subject. It may be an instructors forum, but it is of great benefit to hear from people that can help in the discussion, whether you are an instuctor or not.

While gearing female or male students up, I inform them that: "The chest strap may be uncomfortable once the chute opens. I will make every attempt to loosen it up and make you more comfortable. I am not groping you. You have to pay me extra to grope you, nobody gets groped for free. I am a professional adult entertainer and if I grope you for free then everyone wants it for free. However as a professional your safety and comfort are my responsibilities at all times."

And it really is all about attitude. We are entertaining these people. You need to put them at ease and show them a good time.
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

Basically the short of it all is explain what you are going to do and if they wish or cannot do it themselves depending upon the circumstance then do it yourself.

You will find that even females who dislike anything male near their "personal bits" would appreciate an explanation and a "why" beforehand if possible.

Not all Tm's have to be touchy feely "fifth attachment point" suggesting assholes!

BSBD! -Dangles.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"