Spudmuffin

Written instructions for students

* I posted this in Safety & Training but would like to get the opinion of an instructor. Thanks! *

Quick question...

I just went on my second jump yesterday. We had a two hour weather delay and I spent the time sitting at a picnic table doing work I happen to have with me in the car. When it was time to go, there was a huge backlog of students and, naturally, everyone was in a great rush.

My instructor, who was very knowledgeable and very nice, gave me a drill of about seven or eight steps he wanted me to perform during freefall. He outlined the steps in the plane on the way to altitude. I wish I could have been "studying" or getting more mentally prepared while I had all that time to spare.

Do all instructors vary their instruction per level per student? (I noticed that I'm not quite hitting all of the points outlined on the course price sheet I was given after my first jump.) If not, it would be so nice to have a piece of paper with what we would be learning that jump, or better yet...having someone knowledgeable to talk with...even if it’s not the instructor we’ll be jumping with.

Cross posted here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1291734;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Let's keep the discussion going on the other thread in the Safety and Training Forum.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy