slotperfect

A Few Requests . . .

Hi gang,

I'm sure you are as glad as I am that we Instructor types now have our own place to pick each others' brains, learn, and generate ideas to forward the sport. To get us off to a great start, I have a few requests:

-Specific advice to students currently under instruction should be avoided, deferring to the Instructors at the student's real DZ instead of their virtual one. This topic has been covered in many other posts, and I feel it's important to bring up here from the git go.

-Please remember that this is an international forum. While a large percentage of those posting here are skydivers from the US, we get a lot of great input from other countries as well. This forum is a perfect opportunity for us to see how it's done in someone else's neighborhood and learn how to improve our own individual teaching techniques.

-Note that Sangiro's welcome specifically targets those methods of instruction that don't already have their own forum. A question that fits the more specific forums should be posted there. For example, a question about Birdman instruction should be posted in the Wing Suit Flying Forum. Here we will see posts about Tandem, AFF (and it's many spinoffs), Static Line, IAD, etc.

-Back up your opinions. Details like where you learned a technique, your experiences using it, and why you choose that particular technique over others will be of great value to all of us.

-When posting a poll, leave an "Other, please explain" option. It allows for many other possibilities you may not have considered.

Thanks in advance for the useful input.
Arrive Safely

John