TimStewart

Indiantown - John and Angel

Wondering if anyone may have jumped with Pop at Indiantown back in 1978, and later. There was a couple, John (the carpenter) and Angel. Where are they now? Would also like to know about two friends, Dick Rappaport and Jack. Any other OLD memories from those days would be great!
TIM STEWART C-8956

I ran into Dickie and Jack at a POPS or Nationals competition held at Z-Hills about 10 or 15 years ago. They both looked the same, still best buddies, always cutting up with each other. The only odd thing was that Jack walked a little funny, as he had some nerve damage from getting the bends while scuba diving. That didn't impede his parachute accuracy one bit!

I remember John and Angel, but can't recall what became of them... I just remember them as the most loving couple that everyone admired for their love of each other.

Thanks, GoldBug, for the reply. Good to know that Dickie & Jack spent so many years together, and hopefully, they're still jumping. The instructor at Indiantown was Smitty, who I believe moved to Clewiston when Pops shut down, and his wife, Jenny. When I last jumped there, Jenny was pregnant and still jumping. There was also a fun-loving mortician, called Digger (but I believe his real name was Cary). If you have any recollection of these guys, please share. TIM.