chuteless

I received a great phone call today

I was sitting after supper, alone in my apartment and the telephone rang. I answered and a man's voice ask if I was Bill Cole. I said yes, and he told me his name....Bob Karns.... I was so elated at hearing a voice from a man I had been told was killed in an aircraft crash near Detroit many years ago.
Bob flew the B-25 aircraft when the 16 jumpers drowned in Lake Erie on Aug 27th 1967, and two jumpers were pulled from the lake, while two others went out on a separate pass, and landed on the airport.
The jumpers had exited over 100% cloud and were told by the Oberlin, Ohio control tower that they were directly over the airport. Truth was, the control tower was looking at a radar blip caused by a Cessna 180, and the B-25 was 16 miles north far out over the lake.

Bob also flew me on my 1st chuteless jump, taking off in Ohio and flying over Lake Erie to where we made the jump.

I am so glad to know Bob is alive and well, and will have to rig a trip to Minnesota to see him. What a wonderful surprise....one of the finest people I have ever known, alive and well after all these many years have passed. Thanks you God, You are still working miracles.