BillyVance

Memorable jumps - setting up exit out of Mike Mullins' King Air with a B2 Stealth Bomber right on his six

Yes, that actually happened. No it wasn't me, but I damn sure wish it was!

Old friend of mine that I did a lot of jumps with in the 90's was asking me on facebook yesterday about the Mullins king air boogie at Pell City, AL. Was I on that load? Who had the video? Etc.

All I remember was being on the ground standing with friends and just happening to look toward the northwest and BAM, there it was, that huge batwing shaped black bomber gliding low near the horizon over the I-20 corridor just north of the DZ, apparently on its way to the Anniston, AL air show, which also hosted an F117 Stealth Fighter or two.

Well the story is, the bomber was in a holding pattern later on during the airshow, when the pilot and co-pilot heard Mullins' repeating "jumpers away" on the radio every 20 minutes, so they decided to go check that out. Snuck up behind him up to 15K feet. So imagine my friend's shock when he opens the door and looks out and BAM! There she is! That thing is fucking HUGE compared to a King Air. If he could have taken his shoe off and thrown it at the B2, it would have bounced off the plane! :o

He distinctively remembers the pilots looking at him through their helmets' iridium-colored lenses and grinning. One of his greatest memories.

Goddamn... How many of you fuckers can say you jumped out that close to a B2 stealth bomber in flight??? B|

When he asked Mike if he saw the bomber, he just smiled.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Outstanding:)
A formation load that maybe the FIRST of its kind.;)

You know the rules , they appy to all jumpers that say the f word, not just the students.;)

Be well Billy your the real deal, thanks for the heads up on the museum.

We will end up going that route and won't even claim it as a charitable donation on our taxes. Its not about the money its about paying respect to the greatest generation.:)

Its

One Jump Wonder

Krip

Outstanding:)
A formation load that maybe the FIRST of its kind.;)

You know the rules , they appy to all jumpers that say the f word, not just the students.;)

Be well Billy your the real deal, thanks for the heads up on the museum.

We will end up going that route and won't even claim it as a charitable donation on our taxes. Its not about the money its about paying respect to the greatest generation.:)

Its

You're welcome. I thought of it because my father had an old silverware set that belonged to his grandfather, who was the superintendent of the Kentucky School for the Blind. My brother and I had no real use for it, especially since I already have a set that belonged to his great aunt who taught at the American School for the Deaf. He donated the silverware set from his grandfather to the KY school for the blind for their own historical records and artifacts. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

airtwardo

http://youtu.be/HvgKYoxu0mI

Gonna take a bit to top THIS weekend!!

Flew a flag through the St. Louis Arch 5 times in 3 days...partied with the greatest names in the airshow 'bid-ness' ~

~ life does NOT suck! ;)B|:ph34r:

Life does not suck, but to the rest of us, YOU do! :ph34r:

BillyVance

***http://youtu.be/HvgKYoxu0mI

Flew a flag through the St. Louis Arch 5 times in 3 days...partied with the greatest names in the airshow 'bid-ness' ~

+1

Twardo is a big boy he can take a little ribbing all in fun. I hopeB|

BV started it first Mr T go hurt him. I'm to old and won't heal as fast, trust me, BV made me do it.:ph34r:
One Jump Wonder

Krip

******http://youtu.be/HvgKYoxu0mI

+1

Twardo is a big boy he can take a little ribbing all in fun. I hopeB|

BV started it first Mr T go hurt him. I'm to old and won't heal as fast, trust me, BV made me do it.:ph34r:

:D He and I rib each other once in a while too. All in good fun.