jclalor

Orgin of BSBD

I started hearing the phrase shortly after the documentary about great white sharks called "Blue Water, WHITE Death" came out. The underwater shark cage footage in "Jaws" came from that film.

During the 1981 World Meet in Z-hills, the term "Blue Skys, Black Feet" was coined because of all the ash left in the soil after the DZ was cleared by fire for the meet. Everybody there went home with black feet.

I started hearing the phrase shortly after the documentary about great white sharks called "Blue Water, WHITE Death" came out. The underwater shark cage footage in "Jaws" came from that film.

When I started jumping at Elsinore in '78 that was my understanding as well. I never heard any other explanation. The hand and ripcord story was never associated with the saying.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

You are right it did start about the time “Jaws” came”. The term was coined by one Richard Hayden, father of “Air Trash”. He got fed up with the way people would always say “Blue Skies” on takeoff and started yelling back “Black Death”. It soon became the battle cry of all “Air Trash”.

Sparky

http://www.airtrash.com/
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Dang, Twardo, I disappear for a year or so and come back to find that you've turned into an ogre. Ok ... into a BIGGER ogre.

Yup. That's it.

Yeah everybody gets grumpier with old age...;)

Now stay of my lawn dagnabbit!! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~