Model(s):
A-26C
B-26C
On Mark Marketeer
Name: None
Last info: 2002
History:
Registered as N2889D by ???, 19??.
On Mark Engineering Corp, Van Nuys, CA, 1957.
- Registered as N40Y.
- Converted as prototype On Mark Marketeer.
Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co, Youngstown, OH, 1957.
Boothe Leasing Corp, San Francisco, CA, 1963-1966.
- Registered as N401Y.
Business Aircraft Lessors, Elyria, OH, 1969-1970.
Active Air Inc, Wakeman, OH, 1977.
George J. Rivera, San Jose, CA, 1981-1984.
Endless Turn Inc, Leoti, KS, 1987-1988.
Stallion Aircraft, Bensenville, IL, May 1990-1995.
Air Classics Aircraft Museum, Chicago-Du Page, IL, 1995-1996.
- Restored to airworthy, 1995.
Air Classics Inc, Chicago, IL, Jan. 17, 1997-1999.
- Last flew, May 1998.
- Parked, Rockford, IL, 1998-2001.
Courtesy Aircraft Inc, Rockford, IL, June 15, 1999-2000.
Keith Taurman/Tidewater Wings Inc, Virginia Beach, VA, Dec. 1999-2002.
- Under restoration, Rockford, IL, 2000-2002.
- Marked as 435326/BC-326.

http://napoleon130.tripod.com/id162.html

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

Well..., could be.B|
But who is this Canadian jumping out of it; and for an ad for what Canadian product?
HW

Not hard for me to at least make a guess, given that I've seen some old videos from a Canadian cameraman... so I'll leave it to others...

Howard,

You have the best collection of unusual jumpships I have ever seen. How about making a website and displaying them all? You could also just post them on propliners.com as an album. The propliner fans would go nuts.

Those On Mark Marksman A26 conversions were the Learjet of their day. Really fast, pressurized and flashy. The Learstars and most Howard Lodestar mods were fast, but not pressurized. The On Mark Marksman A26 mod involved major structural changes including making a ring spar pass through member to open up the cabin space previouly occupied by a straight across spar box. It is exciting that one might take to the air again.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I have a subversive agenda. B|
I'm involved with the National Skydiving Museum. All of the cool jumpship (and canopy and rig and other stuff) pictures and stories and movies and stuff will be going onto the Museum's web site sometime in the next few months, as part of the effort to get the building program under way and on a fast track.
Stay tuned (and prepare to open your wallet.)

HW

Yes.
And http://www.nationalskydivingmuseum.org is now set up to accept donations via PayPal.

HW

Although I personally have a lot of doubts that we can make a museum that will have strong appeal to the non skydiving public, I just sent in a donation via PayPal. If it is built, I sure as hell will visit it. If I didn't donate in the formative period it would be kinda hypocritical. Would sure be nice to have a real plane inside or perhaps on a pylon outside where it would catch the attention of people driving by. I vote for a ratty beat up true DZ style Twin Beech. Non airworthy examples are cheap and a Cessna, although widely representative of DZ aircraft, just doesnt have the eye punch that a Beech 18 does.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.