chuteless

Gary Freeze " The Buckeye Batman"

Gary Freeze of Greensprings, Ohio, just got home from the hospital once again.

A few years ago, he landed after a demo, in a ditch filled with water. The next demo , one week later, he had a mal, and he pulled his reserve ripcord ( yes, some people still use them) and his friozen solid reserve came out but wouldnt inflate. He grabbed at the lines, and it finally filled just above ground, and he slammed into a paved parking lot.

He had both hips replaced TWICE, and recently went back for more surgery, because one of his hipbones was moveable inside , and it finally broke his pelvis.

He is home now, but flat on his back for awhile....quite awhile I believe.

Gary and I often made demos in Ontario and Ohio, including the Canadian National Exhinition air show at Toronto.

We would often think up some new stunt to do, and a few times, they actually worked.

I asked him if he would do it all again, and he said " Hell, yes"

I told him, " Yeah..so would I" but right now I have to go take another Percodan.

Gary was listed as the Buckeye Batman, and we jumped into a drive intheatre showing the Gyspy Moths. Heck, it was a free movie for us, so why not!

If I can get an email for him, I'll post it...he would like to hear from jumpers....I know he would.

Bill Cole D-41