sdctlc

Virgina is for Lovers

Going through some old files and found this picture. I think Oscar took it???? Who else was at West point for the attached pic on the Va State Record jump organized by Sandy Wambach. I remember that we basically had one shot at making the record on the morning of the second day as weather was moving in pretty fast. After some troubles the day before we went out and had a fantastic jump with a good hold time for the completion. I think this was Halloween time in 1997 or so.

Is it true that this is still the big way record for VA? I know about a few failed attempts later on... Not sure though.

Anyway just ran across it. Not that old but once it is the double digit time frame it probably counts for this forum... :P

Scott C.

Edit to change year to correct one.. I be a moron
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Are you sure that was 1987? I was thinking more like 1997. I wasn't on that one, what was it, an 87 way state record? But I was on the 89 way that built to an unofficial largest formation 88 way in 1999 at Suffolk.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you sure that was 1987? I was thinking more like 1997. I wasn't on that one, what was it, an 87 way state record? But I was on the 89 way that built to an unofficial largest formation 88 way in 1999 at Suffolk.

Completely my bad... You are right I just mistyped the year as i was confused with the number on the jump. Is that a shinny thing in the corner......... I think it was an 87 way!

Scott C.:P

Completely my bad... You are right I just mistyped the year as i was confused with the number on the jump. Is that a shinny thing in the corner......... I think it was an 87 way!
Scott C.:P

yep it was. My friend John Woo was on it. I have the picture of the 88 way from '99, but I don't think it's up anywhere on the web. It was such a nice shot and the one person that was out, was nowhere to be seen.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I heard about the non-complete one the next year but I don't think anybody has tried to set something up again since then so I guess the 10 year old 87 way stands

I seem to remember John. I thought you might have been there but maybe I am thinking about meeting you at the Georgia 100 way attempts that got weathered out the next year. I remember that DD and Sandy were organizing those.

Scott C.

I heard about the non-complete one the next year but I don't think anybody has tried to set something up again since then so I guess the 10 year old 87 way stands

I seem to remember John. I thought you might have been there but maybe I am thinking about meeting you at the Georgia 100 way attempts that got weathered out the next year. I remember that DD and Sandy were organizing those.

Scott C.

Yeah, we were there for the GA 64 way record, 80 way attempts and 100 way attempts in a one year span. I remember picking up both John and Sandy from the Atlanta airport for one of the latter two events and taking them back afterwards. Had a nice time in the Atlanta Underground with them when we left the DZ early after the weather shutdown.

Were you also on the NJ 100 ways in '97, '98 and '99?

Yeah, we were there for the GA 64 way record

I was on that. Beezy was docking on me.

Derek

I think I was 90 degrees counterclockwise from you on the outer wacker. :)