rapter

"One" Les Hatfield

Does any one Know"One" Les Hatfield ? I heard He may have passed away in Florida. He was jumping in California in the 70s and 80s, may have been jumping in Elco Nv. Maybe Florida after that.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

Last time I saw him was about a year ago and a half ago at Williston, Florida.

He actually posted as "hacker" here on DZ.com. Here is a link to his post:

http://www.dropzone.com/forum/Skydiving_C1/Events_&_Places_to_Jump_F19/One_Les_Hatfield_P1641701/

He posted a cel phone number:

352-461-6654

Hope this hepls.

Glad he's still kicking, We were sitting around drinking beer at the end of the day talking about "what ever happen to,...." and Jim Papki ( spelling my be wrong) said he heard that he died. bad rumor, He won't remember me, I was all new and shiney when he left Cal-City. But when I did my first jump out of the DC-3, I was last out and he put me out over the train tracks a few miles from the DZ. I love the story when he was packing his rig and the owner came in and grabbed his main to throw him out, they got in a tug-a-war, Les had his container, they were pulling back and forth when Les pulled his cut-away handle sending the owner flying out the door backwards. we still get a chuckle to this day over that.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,