efs4ever

Just going through negatives. Year 1982

Happened across some stuff from Big D in 82.

Bobby Coker was an original AFF instructor. He still is. Here he is with a very early student at the Decatur, Texas DZ. There's a round in that rig. :S
Some SL students and exits

Regina and Tadgett Browning. Saw Regina at the McBoogie in Gainesville last year. Anyone remember why we called Mr. Browning "Towbar?"

https://www.tdcparole.com

Those students with Bobby in the first picture look like Bobby Potter and Bryce Willing but who knows, their names are probably lost to history.

Didn't Tadgett take off with the tow bar still attached to the aircraft?
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Well, I was kinda hoping to see my smiling face in some of those pictures:)

I was actually thinking about Regina the other day...what a cutie she was.

Larry Portman put me out on my last 5 sec delay. It was really a 10 or 12 sec, but he took me to 5000 so I could have plenty of time. Him taking me that high and allowing me the peace of mind to concentrate on my body position was just what the doctor ordered for my stability issues. One other thing was that he taught me the "relaxed" frog position instead of the big hard arch. It was the first time I felt in total control from exit to opening...I was really a skydiver after that jump.

Wow Russell...your right, time sure does fly....

Jon

ps...any chance you can plan a trip to Temple? It's a great DZ and the PAC is real sweet. Sure would be nice to see you.

Doc, last time I saw Larry, he'd trimmed down pretty good. I'm going to Dallas tomorrow and plan on dropping in at his DZ in Caddo Mills on Sasturday to say hi. I'll give you a report on him when I return.:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Well, I was kinda hoping to see my smiling face in some of those pictures Keep diggin'

Uh, let's see Jon. I think I have some "tower" shots from Decatur. :$

I'll try to get to Temple soon. Actually, I stopped by there last week. Wendy was the only one around. It was during the week, though.

Russ, speaking of Decatur, do you remember the day we spent at "Bluebonnet"?

Of course I do. I didn't see your shiny, uh, "face," in any of the shots. I'm still to shy to pose ALL of my stuff. :$

Check your mail.

on my last 5 sec delay.......It was really a 10 or 12 sec,......was just what the doctor ordered for my stability issues.

When you think about it, the 5 sec. delay was the hardest jump in static line training. Just enough time to get in trouble but not enough speed to get out of it. I hated them.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

on my last 5 sec delay.......It was really a 10 or 12 sec,......was just what the doctor ordered for my stability issues.

When you think about it, the 5 sec. delay was the hardest jump in static line training. Just enough time to get in trouble but not enough speed to get out of it. I hated them.

Forest McBride fixed my problem by taking me to 7,500 feet, telling me to hang off the strut, let go and arch. I ended up doing a good solid 10 and backed a PC up a mile or so to the peas. (All the while telling me he smelled "bone marrow".):D
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676

I couldn't agree more...I had decided to go back to the static line if I couldn't get my stability problems fixed on this jump. I got real tired of seeing lines and fabric deploying all over my body before opening:| Oh, I almost forgot the part about how it was scaring the shit out of me, too!

Jon

I had decided to go back to the static line if I couldn't get my stability problems fixed on this jump.

On my first 5 sec. I did a complete barrel roll before pulling. (seated out of a 206) I remember thinking “why is the airplane flying around me”.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals