gharendza

Greene Sport Parachute Center

I remember it, was there once in 1974. Didn't jump though because of the winds, I was still a student. Also didn't have my USPA membership taken care of yet - they gave me the card and that's how I first signed up. Met two people there who I saw more of at Seneca Falls. Carole went in about a year and a half later, Pete is still jumping nowadays I think, he was a dedicated Style & Accuracy guy.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I was probably there sometime in the mid-70s, when I was USPA conference director and the territory included upper NY state as well as New England, but I don't remember much about it. I think I visited a DZ at Kirkwood also. Pete Hyde was from that area but also showed up at Seneca Falls and elsewhere.
So much for my memory. Dan Poynter would probably remember more, but he's much too busy to waste his time here.;)

HW

Hi,
Any one remember my Father's Parachute Center ?
Called The "Greene Sport Parachute Center"

Last night I ran into two well-known skydivers who made their first jumps at Greene:
-Al King, former USPA assistant executive director, made his first there in 1969. (Al is now an instructor/AFF evaluator out of Northampton, MA.)
-Mike Perry, USPA VP and chair of the Safety and Training Committee, made his first there in 1974.
Both noted that when they told people where they jumped, it was generally confused with Greene County (Ohio.)
They were at the New England S&TA meeting at Jumptown Orange, MA
HW