longtall

PCA patch

But why in the heck would someone jump that crude parachute while naked? I'd want a leather & bearskin jumpsuit!

Probably an original FREEK BROTHER!:ph34r:

I wouldn't worry about the jumpsuit as much as I would the 'risers' getting tired!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The true no BS story IS the Da Vinci design guys & gals. Starting with PCA and going into original USPA logo.
True, as the sport has evolved people will attach their own definition and the original design logic has been lost.
Patche are still a big deal depending on your area of interest.
You haven't lived until you've almost died"

The true no BS story IS the Da Vinci design guys & gals. Starting with PCA and going into original USPA logo.
True, as the sport has evolved people will attach their own definition and the original design logic has been lost.
Patche are still a big deal depending on your area of interest.

That's not what Larry Bagley from USPA says...see my previous post.

Saw your previous Larry Bagley post before submitting mine. My jumping era was 1968-1984 joining USPA in `68. You'd have to go back into some late 60's Parachutist Magazine to maybe check Norm Heaton's column about the design origin. I think thats where I saw the description.
Thats the origin that came from USPA in those days and I'm sticking with it. You saw the Da Vinci design and the comparison is indisputable. Granted that logo hasn't been used for some time, but surely the PCA/USPA archives would have some documentation.
You haven't lived until you've almost died"

Well, we can agree to disagree about the design origination, I guess! Now....when did the triangular patch come into being? I joined PCA in 1962 and was issued one with my membership. Any ideas, boys and girls, about the date of origin of the triangular logo?

The patch you were refering to was the SCR patch. It was supposed to have been designed with a plate , a saucer, and a shot glass. Dont remember the straight edge though. Something appropriate in a rainy day bar situation no doubt.Any way thats how I heard it a few beers ago. or years either way