steve1

Anyone remember or know Rozzo?

Anyone out there know this old jumper? He was nick named Rozzo and was one of the most colorful jumpers I remember from the 70's.

Darkwing said he moved to LasVegas from Idaho. He may still be in that area.

At any rate aside from being a great jumper he was also a hypmotist...(did I spell that right?). I remember one jump party at B.J.'s when another jumper volunteered to be hypmotized by Rozzo. We were all drunker than skunks and it wouldn't have taken much to hypmotize any of us. Anyhow it wasn't long before Rozzo had this guy laying on the grass and ready to do anything he asked.

Then he began telling this unsuspecting drunk jumper to "rise up"..."rise up"... At that moment Steve Morrow squatted his naked large testicled rear end directly above this poor fellow's face....And he did rise up, stopping just short of ramming his nose into Morrow's rear. Of course we all thought this was great fun.

Oh, I could tell even stupider and grosser stories of our misadventures in the old days....but maybe I'd better stop here....Steve1

Anyone out there know this old jumper? He was nick named Rozzo and was one of the most colorful jumpers I remember from the 70's.

Darkwing said he moved to LasVegas from Idaho. He may still be in that area
--------------------------------------------------------
His name is Tom Cantarozzo.....he ran the DZ here in Vegas for several years.....I worked for him as a tandem master. He had some history, thats no shit.
He was also in a couple of the original skydiving movies.....A Day At The Races......and if my memory serves me right...Lords Of The Sky.
He sold the DZ several years ago and walked away from skydiving.....last time I saw him recently he was working in a furniture warehouse.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Not to rain on your parade but it is spelled Canarozzo. I knew him 'back in the day' when he jumped up in Spokane.
About 6-7 yrs ago I was in Vegas for a convention and had an afternoon to kill. I knew Tom was there somewhere, there were two Dz's in the yellow pages. So I headed out to the closet one, walked into the office area and asked if anyone had ever heard of him. The young girl said he's in the next room. It was his last day of ownership of the DZ. He was trying to figure out which of the tandem rigs he should keep (apparently the sale left him with one of them). He asked me which one and I gave him my $0.02 worth.
I think he also was involved in putting on rock concerts. I think that he also was one of the original Flying Elvii.
One of the true wild & crazies.

Not to rain on your parade but it is spelled Canarozzo. I knew him 'back in the day' when he jumped up in Spokane.
I think that he also was one of the original Flying Elvii.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well..........not to "rain on your parade" but Tom is one of the original Flying Elvises......as am I. The Elvi are a totally different group.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.