crewdog2

Jimmy Crawford

It's 1981, and i'm leaving Perris after a day of skydiving. I turn on to Van Buren and suddenly this big rig veers into my lane. I fall back, thinking this dude is hell bent on taking the lane. He sits tight, so I attempt to run past him. He veers into my lane again, preventing me from passing. I fall back once again. The next thing I know, the driver is honking his horn and giving me the finger out of his window. I'm wondering what I did to piss this guy off. He stays in his lane for awhile, so I run up along side him. I roll down the passenger side window as I come up on him. Before I can say what the fuck is the problem, I see the driver is Jimmy Crawford. He's laughing his ass off and I'm thinking you sack of shit! He yells out the window "do you want to get a cup of coffee?" So we did. Jimmy was a cool guy.

Hi Dog2,
Sounds like Jimmy!! Grim that he's,"Gone on!!" Funny about that. This story belongs in the scary storys column but since we're here, here goes. When Spike's Beech took off from Taft on its last take off, Jimmy and Doyal Talbot wer suppose to be in the plane but got side tracked in someody's van in the parking lot doin' "you know!!" Well the rest is history!! The plane crashes and everyone in it including the two that took Jimmy and Doyal's places got killed. A couple of weeks later, Jimmy and Doyal get killed in seperate un related accidents. "Don't try to out fox the reaper!!!!" Sounds srange eh?? Well, you figgure it out? Co-incidense or what??????
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hey, Al Frisby was suppose to be on that Taft load too. Too much liquid refreshment the night before. Missed that early morning load. I can't remember who else missed it. You are right though. When it's time for you to check out...you are going. SANDY....What's up in Deli Land??
Sandy

Jimmy Crawford was a funny guy & a great friend. A few years after his death, I was walking around the Orange County Fair with my Air Trash cap on my head & my young son by my side. A young carny at one of the carnival games waved me over & said, " My uncle was in Air Trash, but you probably didn't know him". I said, "try me". He said, "his name was Jimmy Crawford, but he's dead now". I told him, "not only did I know your uncle, he was my best friend & this little guy standing here beside me is my 1st born son who I named Jimmy, in honor of that fact". Crawford's nephew seemed like a nice kid, but nowhere near as crazy as his uncle. Ha ! I sure do miss Jimmy, & Perry Armstrong too.... God only knows how many brain cells the three of us killed while in each other's company.... lol

Bully