Haeloth

Spooky openings

I tried my new Turbo ZX from ParaFlite loaded at 0,91.
Usually the canopy tries to throw me around as much possible just after it has opened completely but in one case it decided to dive hard just as if I had pulled a toggle all the way down. It flew normally when I released and pulled the toggles.
Why does it try to throw me around and what can I do to prevent it from doing that?
Nobody expects the...um...the Spanish...um...

I don't know.
The first thing I would do is ask your local rigger to do a tirm check. the first thing is to compare the length of the A lines. When you get 3 inches difference across the A lines, it usually means they have stretched or shrunk out of trim. If your canopy has any sort of taper, consult the manufacturer's trim chart for differences across the A lines.
A good rigger will measure trim side-to-side and front-to-back. Lower steering lines wear out first, so it is common to find steering lines 3 or 4 inches shorter after a few hundred jumps.

it's generally a good idea to follow your steering lines to the 4 lines at the back of the canopy, and trace them out to remove all line twist each pack job. this has happned to me as well. hope it works.
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"