Tink1717

Mingo Mascot

When I first started jumping, back in '87, the de facto mascot for the sport was the mingo. Where did they go? And does anyone know if the Mingo Porter is still vertical?
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

What's the matter? Not old enough to know what a Mingo is?
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

Ah yes, the days when DZ's were filled with mingos.....

I recall going to Freeport and Roger Nelson driving around passing out jump tickets to the msot gaudy and tasteless camp grounds . If you only had a pup tent it required at least 10 flamingos ,you would be comfortable with 25. At quincy one time a guy even had a plastic picket fence and alittle guy with the ahorse tie up ring The best was the bird bath .I took some Mountain Dew and poured it in with a Baby Ruth candy bar [all lumpy looking ] and toilet paper .If you have seen Dew in a clear glass you would understand better. It was thrown out after we came down from our next jump , dont know why it had a nice affect.If only Rantoul got smarter. My wife got mingoed on her birthday by proffesional company and got to keep the banner.

Yeah, I get the thing about Moutain Dew and the candy bar.;)

My wife got mingoed on her birthday by proffesional company and got to keep the banner.

Um, "mingoed" ?????

Thats when you are asleep and they fill your front lawn with flamingos and hang abanner with" Jan is 50"or something you really didnt need others to know/ People drive by beep their horns etc etc until you finally look out and see your new friends. Its a nice thing to do to your neighbor away on vacation for two weeks to see . even if you only put them up the day before always say" since you turned the corner leaving."You havent spent much time in a trailer parkhave you we have one on the north west side of Detroit called Flaming Trailer Park and has two twenty foot tall guarding the residents. It is a oroven fact 95% of all flamingos purchased are going on someone else lawn, usually when they arent home .Nothing wrong with a little gaudy and tasteless,unless you bought them on purpose.