BMS

Fun jumping near Vancouver / Vancouver Island?

Hi everybody

The girlfriend is moving to Victoria, BC in Canada and I'm coming out to visit sometime by the end of September.

I'm looking for info on dropzones in the area of Vancouver and Vancouver Island.

Best dropzones for fun jumping?
Is any of the dz there open during weekdays by that time?
How is the weather in general for that area by end of september - is jumping still reasonable possible by that time?

Thanks

BMS

Hi everybody

The girlfriend is moving to Victoria, BC in Canada and I'm coming out to visit sometime by the end of September.

I'm looking for info on dropzones in the area of Vancouver and Vancouver Island.

Best dropzones for fun jumping?
Is any of the dz there open during weekdays by that time?
How is the weather in general for that area by end of september - is jumping still reasonable possible by that time?

Thanks

You might want to ping riggerrob with a PM..
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=riggerrob;
He would be the most knowledgeable of the current dz's. He is out of Pitt Meadows.. a ferry ride and a shortish drive to the east of the Tsawwassen, BC ferry terminal http://binged.it/1yXvp4T

Sept is usually not to0 bad since they have pretty much the same weather we have down here south of the border. Be sure to check out the Seattle Area DZ's too.. Ferry to Port Angeles then south on US 101 to Shelton... Kapowsin Airsports.
It really is a mild Marine climate.. jumping all winter not so much during the week all depends on the weather a the clouds.

Welcome to the great Northwet! We have a bunch of small DZs serving the major cities.
Let's start with the Skydive centre that operates at Victoria International Airport.
If you are wiling to drive two or three hours up the coast. You can jump from Cessnas at Campbell River .
If you take the ferry boat ovrt to theainland, public transit will take you the DZ at Pitt Meadows Airport. I have jumped at Pitt for over 15 years and still maintain most of their gear. Pitt mainly hauls tandems in their pair of Cessnas but can often sneak in free flier or thred.
The biggest DZ is out between Abbotsford and the Mission Bridge. Abby flies their Porter, Kodiak and fleet of fess as out of a private airstrip.
Finally Skydive Whistler flies out of Pemberton airport on the other side of the famous ski resort. SW welcomes fun jumpers as long as they have a USPA license and their own gear.
If you insist on jumping stateside, then catch a ferry oat from Victoria to Port Townsend, then down the Olympic. Peninsula towards Shelton Washington. In Shelton, you will find a Twin Otter and several smaller stablemates.
Enjoy your journey!