incredibalex

Moving to Santa Monica

Does anyone have any opinion on Skydive Costal California?

http://www.skydivecoastalcalifornia.com/index.html

I'm possibly moving to Santa Monica at the end of the year and as far as I can see this is the closest DZ. I cant find any reviews about it other then those written by tandems on yelp.

Does anyone have any opinions on the place? Or can recommend anywhere else nearby to jump?

Cheers!

I live in Santa Monica - personally I go to Elsinore (lots of fun jumpers, great atmosphere and people, easy to carpool as many LA jumpers go there), and plan to frequent Oceanside starting around Sept. It takes a little over an hour to get to either one. No info on Coastal California, but it's about an hour drive from SM.

There's a FB group called LA Skydivers - we carpool and do meetups every now and then - and PM me if you end up moving out here, I'd be happy to show you around!

Awesome! I've only read good things about Elsinore. I jump at Hinton in the UK and Madrid whenever I get the chance. Looking forward to experiencing some of that California weather!

Thanks for the kind offer to show me around! If the move goes ahead I'll definitely get in touch.

Cheers.

I've never been to Skydive Coastal California, but I've visited Elsinore & Perris quite often and can confirm they are great, fun-jumper oriented DZs.

I generally find that if a dropzone makes no mention whatsoever of experienced jumpers on their website, they're not that interested in your business.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

incredibalex

Awesome! I've only read good things about Elsinore. I jump at Hinton in the UK and Madrid whenever I get the chance. Looking forward to experiencing some of that California weather!

Thanks for the kind offer to show me around! If the move goes ahead I'll definitely get in touch.

Cheers.

No problem - best of luck, it's pretty nice out here ;)

grimmie

Tandems only there from 8,000 feet seven miles from the airport. You have some great choices in SoCal. Perris, Elsinore, Tsunami and Taft.

Agreed, and add Santa Barbara to the list, very nice folks there...I'm waiting for my new rig from UPT, which is ready in Aug., at which point I'll be jumping every chance I get at Tsunami. It's a constant struggle at work to resist watching sunset jump videos from Oceanside...amazing:)