Letpmar

C130 Herc jump UK 11th July

From a UK website it appears to be one jump from 13k for £195 (about $300).

Expensive, perhaps, but staff at the DZ involved (Sibson) apparently have experience of organising jumps from a 130 and it is an opportunity to jump a plane that is very different from the ones that most of us use on a regular basis.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

The C-130 isn't that much different. It has wings and engines pretty much like all the rest of them. Biggest difference is you go off the ramp instead of out the door. Just dive head first off the ramp and extend your arms out ahead of you and fold your legs up over your back. That will help keep you pretty stable. Once you've settled down, assume a normal position. That procedure served me well on my two 130 jumps. Have fun.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

Actually, 130's jump are a bit different. The airspeed/propblast is much more significant than on regular jump planes. Nothing crazy, but enough to have created more than one shoulder issue on linked exits that would have been non-issues on a CASA or SkyVan.
Remster

Spooky52

The C-130 isn't that much different. It has wings and engines pretty much like all the rest of them. Biggest difference is you go off the ramp instead of out the door. Just dive head first off the ramp and extend your arms out ahead of you and fold your legs up over your back. That will help keep you pretty stable. Once you've settled down, assume a normal position. That procedure served me well on my two 130 jumps. Have fun.

Why not jump the door? :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message