jzzsxm

Dropzones along I-5?

Well, you could start at Skydive Oregon, then you have a long dry spell till you get well into California (I'm not sure what's up at Eugene these days - there used to be two DZs there but I haven't kept up with who's still around).

When you get to CA, if you're there by July 4, the SkyDance folks do a fun demo into the local 4th of July celebration in Davis. You wouldn't be able to get on the demo, but everyone is welcome to join in at the celebration and the DZ usually has a large group of folks in the spectator area welcoming their friends down (if you're at the DZ by the afternoon, folks can guide you to how to get to the event). SkyDance is not far off of I-5 (hop on 505 or 113 - the DZ is between the two roads). Continuing south you could also visit Bay Area Skydiving in Byron (again, not too far off of 5). Both of them should be pretty busy on the long weekend.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Lodi is not far off I-5.

And at some point in your skydiving career you will be at a DZ/bar/police station/FAA hearing and a discussion about Lodi will break out, and you will be able to provide some cogent comments.

Be safe. ;)

Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.