philli

World Championships Dubai

Does anyone know where the US teams are staying in Dubai? I can't get anyone from USPA to answer any questions and I would like to go support my husband. Also, I can't get Skydive Dubai to tell me if I will be able to skydive during the comp. So if anyone has any information on that, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Bulletin #2 was just released today 10-30-12.

All you have to do at this point is ask your husband to check with his team manager and he will be able to provide the answer on the hotel.

As far as jumping during the competition I have no answer on that. They are using four different landing sites to accomodate the 1500 athletes.

This is the largest World Meet in history and a Mondial to boot. I would not be surprised to see no other jumping going on at any of these World Meet sites.

They do have the desert DZ. You might be able to go there to jump.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Clearly when all the events are actually taking place is somewhat weather dependant but does anyone have any idea about when each of the events are planned to be taking place.

There is loads of detail on the website about where to go to see each bit. http://www.wpcuae.ae/.

I'd really like to go and watch the swooping but some more indication other than "sometime between the 30th and the 8th" would be really helpful.

I am not likely going to be able to negotiate with the wife for permission for 8 days of just sitting out by the swooping pond so would really appreciate any insight.

xx